Monday, April 11, 2011

Einstein of the Night

In the dead of night I never sleep
No time to waste on counting sheep
Oh so many thoughts to think
Out my window stars at me wink
But all too many things to do
In my room where the darkly darkness grew

In the dead of night you put me to bed
Then glorious thoughts came into my head
Plans of mouse traps and flying devices
Catchy French phrases and comma splices
The watch whispers “tick tock” into my ear
And reminds me that the dawn draws ever nearer

In the dead of night I pace the floor
While my brain teems with ideas galore
Cures for cancer and other diseases
Cracker combinations with smelly cheeses
No I don’t sleep, I’ll do that when I croak
For while hear on earth, thoughts I must evoke

In the dead of night I have so little time
For I must go to school when 6 doth chime
School seems futile when at night I’m so pensive
When I fall asleep in class, teachers find me offensive
But I can’t help it you see, I was born this way
I’m the Einstein of the night who sleeps in the day

No comments:

Post a Comment